King Tut Papyrus
- Height: 48 – 72″; Tall
- Habit: Upright
- Container Plant Style: Thriller – Used either in the back or middle of a container. Usually a taller item that adds height and drama to the container.
- Bloom Time: Grown for Foliage
- Exposure: Sun or partial sun
- Water Needs: Normal to Wet
- Use as a centerpiece in large landscape beds or containers
The plant can be planted in pots, along the waters edge of a pond, or even in a pond. The crown of the plant should never be covered in water and in fact both of these varieties can thrive in water as shallow as a few inches. The purpose is to keep the bulk of the soil or root mass wet. The root ball can be submerged but it isn’t necessary. King Tut will also do well when planted in normal garden beds. It is best to keep the soil moist, but once established King Tut has proven to be surprisingly tolerant of dry conditions.